I’m a late thirty something…
I have a great job in a creative industry, a wonderful man, and a little house in a small village in England. This the good part, I’m not blogging about any of these things.
I write in my spare time. I write short stories and children’s fiction. This is ironic because I don’t have any kids. Which brings me to what this blog is about.
It’s about being on the wrong side of 35 and trying for the first time to have a baby. It’s about being a modern woman who loves her job, has lots of hobbies and doesn’t really know where the time went. It’s about finally growing up and getting on with the task of bringing a person into this fickle and unreliable world.
5 Facts about me that might come up from time to time.
1. I have an idealistic dream of living of the grid and being self-reliant, as self-reliant as you can be while still connected to high speed internet. We’ve started with installing solar panels and planting fruit trees. I’ve re-discovered a love of gardening, after living in London apartments for 6 years and moving to a village with a population of less than 1000 but lots of room for tomato plants.
2. I watch cat videos. I love them. My partner and I sit in bed with the iPad and laugh our arses off. We have a cat and I follow her around with my phone trying to capture something silly for YouTube fame. She loves to photobomb but moves too fast to capture on video.
3. I love books. I love to read. I would read all day if I could, and sometimes I do. It’s my favourite pastime. Sometimes I get stressed out thinking about all the books I want to read and worrying there won’t be enough time in my life to read them all. Like most avid readers I also write. I’ve written stories since I was a kid. My first novel was about an old man who discovered his wife of 40 years was keeping the bodies of people she murdered in the attic. I was 10 years old when I wrote this.
4. I write under a pseudonym. I’ve had to do this because of the sensitive nature of my blog. I hope one day after that successful 12 week scan when I can safely announce to the world that I have succeeded in carrying life. I will come clean and reveal my true identity, letting my friends and family and colleagues know that I’ve been writing a blog about this adventure, and replacing my sexy sketch picture with a disappointing selfie.
5. I’m not from around these parts. I moved to the UK 10 years ago from somewhere a lot warmer. I miss the sunshine but love the history. For reasons above I won’t say where I’m from because I’ve already given too much away and if you know me and happen to stumble upon this blog I’m sure you will figure out it’s me. That’s fine, I don’t mind people knowing I’m trying for a baby, most people assume I’ve been trying for a baby for the last 5 years anyway. Just don’t tell my boss.